We went to Tulsa for our niece's baptism. We flew in on a Thursday night and came back home on Sunday. We had a fabulous opportunity to fly on Pinnacle. It's a small little plane company owned through NWA. So, we flew from MSP to Memphis and had about a 1/2 hour to get on our next flight to Tulsa. We stopped to grab some delicious BBQ at the Interstate BBQ (my sister recommended), ran to the bathroom and headed towards our plane. The attendants were yelling at us, "Are you the Wings?" I guess we were the last ones to get on our plane even though we had 10 minutes before leaving the gate. So we sat in aisle 11 out of 16 aisles with our BBQ in hand and there was no A/C. We were roasting, trying to eat BBQ stinking up the plane and the plane didn't even take off until 15 minutes later. All, I got to say is it was interesting but well worth it. It beats driving!
So, we got into Tulsa and we were welcomed with the warmest welcomes from Aaron, Kari and Lilly. Well, Lilly was asleep but she welcomed us later in the car after dinner with some loud screams. ( :
The next day Kari and I got our nails done and then Jim and Bonnie got into town. We were able to hang out for awhile, eat, and then head off to a concert at the casino. We saw Robert Cray and we had front row seats. I think we all could say, "It was way to loud in the front row." Plus, I don't think this was the most memorable moment of our trip that's for sure. We thought it would be pretty good but were a little disappointed. On Saturday, Eric, Aaron and Jim made another trip to a coffee shop on their world wind tour of coffee shops in Tulsa. Kari, Bonnie and I made it shopping a bit too. Kari rocks on the discount too! That's all I gotta say. (: Saturday evening we had a big dinner with the family and Kari's grandparents and friends. It was a full house eating some good grub. Aaron made pulled pork sandwiches with homemade coleslaw. To die for! YUM!! Aaron - I want the recipe.
The big day arrived on Sunday for Lilly. She got baptised and we were all there to see it. It was a wonderful service geared to children. After the service we had our private baptism. It was nice not having to go up in the front of the congregation and stand there. Of course if we had to do it we would but it was nice not having to. After the baptism we ate lunch at a fabulous cafe and had to take some bakery items home. Then we had to head home. It was very difficult leaving everyone. We don't have much time with each other and just want to cherish it. We always have a good time and we just don't ever want it to end.
1 comment:
Bonnie (Mom) and I had a great time, also. We love it when the family is together. Lilly was perfect at the baptism (3 months late!!)
Mom & Dad
Jim & Bonnie
Post a Comment