Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Bike Day at School

Yesterday at Nataly's school was a fundraiser for St Judes. All of the kids got to bring their bikes into school and could ride them around in the gym. All of the classes had a set period of time to do as many laps as they could. It wasn't a race, but some of the kids thought it was. One of the boys even started crying because he couldn't go fast enough to keep up. It wasn't his fault, his trike had small wheels and wasn't meant to go fast. He ended up quitting and watching from the sidelines.

Nataly had a blast. She decided that she wanted to ride her trike instead of her Strider. So I cleaned it up and brought it to school. We did move the light from her bike to the trike. So there was a little flair. One of the kids even had a GoPro on his trike to record the whole thing. I wish I had thought of that. I'll do it for Lucy when it's her turn. Nobody will ever know I stole the idea from the dad in Nataly's class.
Here she is listening to the pre-race rules.
On your marks.

Get set!
She couldn't contain her excitement.

This young man is Charlie. He loves Nataly and her hair. He is constantly playing with her hair. His mom says it calms him down. It's harmless, I think.
This went on for a long time. Nataly doesn't seem to care and keeps going along with her business.

They look like an old married couple here.

No comments: