Monday, January 6, 2014

Lets go sledding

We bundled everyone up and went outside to hit the slopes one last time before it got super cold. Lucy made it about 10 minutes and she looked cold so mom took her home. Nataly made it about half an hour and we came home because we had an accident with a tree sledding.

She ran into the tree in the video a few posts ago. Sometimes I forget that she is only 3. She wants to sled by herself and not with dad, but in hindsight I should have said no and went down the hill with her. She only knows how to go straight. She just hangs onto the sled and goes where ever it takes her. Even if that is towards a tree. This time down the hill she was doing just fine at first and then headed towards the only tree on the hill. I was yelling at her to jump off from the top of the hill, but it was too little too late. She ran into the tree and bumped her head. I ran down there and at first thought she was fine because she wasn't crying..yet. Then I saw the scrape on her head and the tears started flowing. I carried her all the way home and mom took over from there.

I still feel horrible about letting that happen to her. I guess I need to protect her a little more and remember that even though she is a big girl, she's only 3. I'm sorry honey.

Here is the scrape from the tree. I'm so glad that is was only a scrape and not anything worse.
Here is Lucy all bundled up.
Here is Ralphie from A Christmas Story all bundled up. All Lucy needs is the scarf.



No comments: