So Alisha and I went to Duluth for a night. Nataly stayed with Grandma M for a night. Man was it nice. I love Nataly and having her around, but nothing compares to a dinner where we can sit and talk and enjoy our meal. We went out to Va Bene in Duluth and it was like the old days before kids. I had a few beers and Alisha and I sat and talked for the whole night. It was weird.
While we were up there I also went biking at one of the local trails. I know, I know, I just got done saying how great it was to spend some time with Alisha. But while I was biking, she was getting a massage. So it was a win win.
We also went farther up the coast to Palisade Head. It is a huge cliff that is north of Silver Bay. I guess people climb the rock walls, but no body was doing that when we were there. It was amazing. I can't believe that these cliffs are so accessible. These days I'd expect a huge fence to keep people back and you would have to sign a waver to walk out to the edge. But no, you could walk right out to the edge of a 200' cliff and look over. No fence, no helmet, no nothing.
Here are some pics:
I was on my belly and hung the camera off the edge for this one. It was a long way down.
That little black spec sticking up above the wall is Alisha. It shows how huge the cliff is.
Here she is zoomed in. Just relaxing and day dreaming.
Here is the view while I was biking when I got to the top of the hill. You could see for miles. It was worth the climb.
It was pretty rocky and rooty. Pretty technical stuff, but really fun. I'd go back. I talked to one of the locals in the parking lot and he told me what I was in for. None of the trails were labeled either which made it even more interesting. I was a little worried about getting lost or not being able to find the truck again. But with an iPhone you are never lost, you might not know where you are, but you are not lost.
This is a picture of a wooden bridge that comes down from one of the rocks. It's probably 20' long and at one end 4' off the ground. Oh, and it's 12" wide for the whole length. Now if this thing was 12" off the ground, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. But for some reason since it's 4' off the ground, it gets in your head. I planned on posting this picture and saying I rode down it. But when I got to the top of the bridge, I chickened out. I didnt have the cahones to go for it. I was too scared of falling off.
No comments:
Post a Comment