Thursday, April 9, 2009

Florence, San Gimiggano, Cinque Terre

We have made a lot of ground since we made it to Florence. We wandered the streets of Florence with Jim and Bonnie on Monday. On Tuesday we headed up in the Tuscany hills to San Gimiggano. I forget how beautiful this city is. It was unbelieveable. We had an amazing time there. We wish we could have stayed over night. Next time.(: Yesterday, my birthday, we headed out to the Cinque Terre for a couple nights. It was a long train ride plus we got off at the wrong stop. So we had to take a cab to the La Spezia main terminal to catch the train to Manorola. What a pain but we got there. When we got into town we had to walk up hill to our hotel. Wow, was it worth the hike. It was unbelievable. While we checked in they gave us strawberries and champagne. Then we got to our room. Small but beautiful. What a view of the town and sea again. We hung around town and ate at a seafood place up the hill. I wish I tried the shrimp but didn't. I regret it now. Not much of a seafood lover. Now we are on our hike of the Cinque Terre. It's a little hot and humid now, but I'm not complaining. We are enjoying our time here very much and can't believe how much we love it here. It's so beautiful and amazing.

Until later. Hope we can get some pictures up again. Sorry we can't get pictures up. We will try to get a bunch up when we return to Florence.

No comments: